Thursday, June 16, 2011

Twitter: who do you follow?

Aside from Professor Adams and my fellow students, here are the organizations/persons of interest that I am currently following via my Twitter feed:
  • Library of the American Library Association (@ALALibrary) - The ALA's Twitter feed, where they "respond to inquiries about all aspects of librarianship and ALA ... just ask!"
  • Library Journal (@LibraryJournal) - "Library views, news, and book reviews" from the staff members of the magazine/website.
  • Library of Congress (@librarycongress) - News and updates on the "largest library in the world."
  • Holy Cross Catalog (@HCCataloging) - Maybe this is "cheating," but I'm also following the Twitter account I created for my library (in an unofficial capacity) which I use to highlight interesting and/or unusual items that can be found in our collection ... such as a book on the Indonesian version of "American Idol", or the "Dog Whisperer" video game.
  • Awful Library Books (@awfullibbooks) - Speaking of "unusual" items found in library collections, I threw in this Twitter feed for a little fun ... I know other people have already mentioned it, but Mary Kelly and Holly Hibner have a hilarious blog featuring some of the worst library books ever (I just wish their appearance on "Jimmy Kimmel Live" was still available online).

2 comments:

  1. I don't think Holy Cross is "cheating." Also, I like your word cloud. Did you use Wordle? What did you use for your text. I've been tempted to tell the class about it and have them just play a little, only if they are so inclined, but it isn't DIRECTLY library 2.0 and I don't want to overwhelm people further. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You mean the picture at the top of my blog? Actually, I just used one of the slides from your PowerPoint presentation for the first class and changed the color scheme :)

    ReplyDelete